Please make sure you have performed the previous two steps before attempting this walkthrough, otherwise you will have problems:
If you have done the first two steps, let's get cracking.. this one should only take around five minutes.
Change 'Niche' Field Type
- With your Listings table active and visible, double click the Field Name 'Niche'
- Select the Field Type and change to 'Link to another record'
- Select 'Niches'
- 'Allow linking to multiple records' can be left untouched and it should be green
- Hit 'Save'
- If you get a confirmation box popup, click 'Convert'
As a side note here, if you have your own Niche tags already entered in this field,
they will be automatically added to the new Niches tables so don't worry,
you won't have to type them out again :)
Add 'Niche Keywords' Field
- Right click the 'Tags' field and select 'Insert Right'
- Change the name of the new field to 'Niche Keywords' (be sure to enter the name exactly as it appears between the single quotation marks)
- Select the light blue field type selector drop-down menu and scroll down to find 'Rollup' and select it
- Choose the option 'Niche' for the first drop-down option that says 'Choose a field in this table'
- Then in the second 'Choose a field' drop-down select 'NicheKeywords' and click in the empty field that appears underneath (please note it's important that you do not choose the similarly named 'NicheKW' option here)
- Enter the letters 'ar' and a shortlist of options will appear, select the first one 'ArrayJoin(values)' so it appears in green
- Click 'Save' and you're done adding this field.
Add 'Final Keywords' Field
Start by selecting this green code and copy it. Please ensure you select all characters and don't add any spaces. The best way to do this is to triple-click anywhere on the line of green code to select it then shift & click on the next line to select both lines, then copy it. Alternatively you can click and drag with the mouse to select both lines of code and copy it:
- Right click the 'Niche Keywords' field you just created and select 'Insert Right'
- Change the name of the new field to 'Final Keywords' (be sure to enter the name exactly as it appears between the single quotation marks)
- Select the light blue field type selector drop-down menu and scroll down to find 'Formula' and select it
- Click in the empty formula field that appears underneath and paste in the code you copied above so it appears in green as shown
- Click the blue 'Save' button and you're done adding this field.
Change the DaysPendingRemoval Formula Field
- Select and copy all of the green code in the next line trying not to miss any characters off either end, or selecting too much.
- One way to do this is by triple-clicking anywhere along the line of code
- Once you have copied the code above, double-click anywhere in the Field title area of your Listings table to open the settings box for that field. You may have to scroll all the way to the right hand side of your table as this was one of the last fields added to the table.
- Remove all of the green code in the Formula and replace it by pasting in the new code as shown
- Click the blue 'Save' button and you're done.
Add Five New Hidden Fields
The last step in the Listings table is to quickly add five new fields. We'll show the first two with an animated gif, the others we'll just add the details you need for creating them.
- Scroll to the far right of your Listings table and click the little black plus + to add a new field and type 'Status' as the name
- Click the light blue field type drop-down menu and choose 'Single Select'
- Add four options, Live, Private, Relisted, Removed and set the colours as shown & Hit 'Save'
Please Note: The range of colour choices available are (at the time of writing) available to Pro Airtable plans and above. New sign-ups are given a 14-day free trial to the Pro plan, which is why you can see more colours in this example.
- Click the little black plus + to add a new field and type 'MWSpareText1' as the name
- Click the light blue field type drop-down menu and choose 'Long text'
- Hit 'Save'
- Repeat the exact same step as above, for another new field and call it 'MWSpareText2' (ignoring the single quotation marks)
- This time you will create another new field called 'MWSpareDate1'
- Use the same steps as shown above but select 'Date' as the field type in the drop-down menu and Save it
- The final field to create is called 'MWv4.0.1Manual'
- Field type drop-down menu should be set to the default value 'Single line text'
This field is an indicator for us the base version number, if we ever need to do a screen-share to fix an issue, this is essential for us to see the base version you are currently using.
Set these five new fields to Hidden
We should set these new fields to hidden so they don't distract you from your work. Here's how:
- Click the 'Hide Fields' menu option, then scroll down to the bottom and find the five new fields you just added
- Click once anywhere on the new field names or the green toggle button to disable it and make it turn grey
- When all five new fields are grey, just click away from the popup area and that's it.
That's it, you're all done setting up your Listings table. Well done.